At Merseyside Maritime Museum you’ll find out about the companies, people and ships connected to this great port. You can see boats, paintings, ship models, objects from wrecks, ships, uniforms and much more. And it is all FREE!
- Seized gallery; the national museum of HM Revenue and Customs. The displays tell the story of smuggling and Britain’s taxes and duties.
- Emigration gallery, where you’ll find out about the nine million people who emigrated through the port.
- Popular Titanic, Lusitania and Empress of Ireland gallery.
- Maritime Archives and Library are found here.
- Battle of the Atlantic gallery
- Art and the Sea Gallery.
- International Slavery Museum.
As well as the permanent displays the museum also has special events and exhibitions. These are all FREE.
20 minute walk from Liverpool Lime Street station.