The remains of the 12th century hall house known as Weeting Castle, together with buried remains relating to earlier occupation of the site during the 10th or 11th century and a post medieval ice house. The moated site is sub-rectangular in plan and has maximum overall dimensions of circa 105 metres north-south by circa 79 metres east-west. The moat, which is now dry, remains open to a depth of 2 metres and measures up to 10 metres in width. It surrounds a central island raised 0.4 metres above the external ground level and with internal dimensions of circa 85 metres north-south by circa 60 metres east-west.
The remains of the medieval hall house stand in the middle of the southern half of the island. Built circa 1180, the ruined walls, which are constructed of mortared flint rubble with stone dressings, define a rectangular building 30 metres by 14 metres, containing a central aisled hall and a substantial three storey tower to the south. Evidence for occupation of the site prior to the construction of the hall house was found during limited excavations below and around the tower and included the buried remains of three successive ditches, dated by finds of pottery of Saxo-Norman type and a coin of the later 10th century. One of the ditches contained a quantity of burnt daub, possibly from a timber building or buildings. The ice house in the north west corner of the moated site is probably 18th century in date and is presumed to relate to Weeting Hall, which lay circa 225 metres to the west. It is constructed of brick and covered by an earthen mound circa 2.4 metres in height and circa 16 metres in diameter. The entrance is on the north side, facing the moat and comprises an outer doorway, set in a brick retaining wall with butresses to either side. (Pastscape)