Closed until Easter 2011.
Ordsall Hall dates back over 820 years. Throughout history it has been put to many uses – a family home, working men’s club and church hall. The most important period of its life is undoubtedly as the family seat of the Radclyffe family who resided here for over 300 of those years.
Fully furnished with 17th Century furniture and exhibits, the Hall stands impressively in its own grounds and makes an ideal venue for school children to learn all about Tudor Life in an authentic and easily accessible location.
The hall was purchased by Salford Corporation from the Executors of the Baron Egerton of Tatton in 1959 and, following major restoration work, was finally opened to the public in April 1972 as a period house and local history museum.
Winner of Sandford Award 2008.