The school building was built in 1840.
It was used as a local Authority school until 1992 and was then acquired by Tom and Sally North. They have restored it as closely as possible to how it would have been in Victorian times. For example, it is once again heated by a coal fired “Tortoise” stove and lit by an oil lamp.
School Visits are free of charge. Over the fifteen years the school has been operating it has proved immensely popular with both teachers and scholars
Winner of Sandford Award 2008.