The site of a castle, also known as Bow and Arrow Castle, captured in 1142 by Robert, Earl of Gloucester and rebuilt in the late 15th century. The remains of the 15th century octagonal tower with gun loops, walls and gateway survive. The approach bridge and entry archway are 19th century in date. The walls to the north and west stand to their full height, but part of the south east wall, which is thinner has broken away. Scheduled and listed.
It is understood that it is possible to visit the castle site on foot, but that the castle itself is in a dangerous condition and closed off.